Monday, May 25, 2009

Hollywood

Well folks, I'm back from hiatus. Part of my trip including five days in Los Angeles. I had a great time talking with people working in the heart of show business.


My friend Jennifer and I outside of the Kodak Theater where the Academy Awards are held each year. It is also the home of American Idol.



I also got to go see a couple movies at some historical theatres like Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Cinerama Dome at Archlight Theatre. These are both venues for Hollywood premiers.



Grauman's was incredibly beautiful outside and in and features an Academy Award winning sound system that was fantastic.


Why don't they make theatres like this anymore?

Craftsmen from China were brought in to build this theatre. The detail work was stunning.

I wish I were born in the era where going to the movies was an event. I want to dress up to see a film sometime. I loved seeing movies in locations were the destination was part of the experience.




From the Hollywood display going on in the Los Angeles library.

P.S. - If you haven't seen Star Trek yet, please go see it on a big screen. You will not be disappointed.