Monday, February 8, 2010

Sundancing Part II

I profusely apologize for the two-week delay in posts. My sister Sarah was supposed to join me for the final weekend of Sundance but instead went into the hospital for emergency brain surgery. If you are a person of faith, please keep her in your prayers. If you are a believer in healing, please send her your positive energies.

But, on a lighter note, back to Sundance. The second film Lacey and I saw was called The Company Men. It was set in Boston and had an all-star cast of Kevin Costner, Tommy Lee Jones, Chris Cooper, and Ben Affleck, amongst others. It was about massive lay-offs at a transportation company and the way some of the individual employees dealt with it. I really loved seeing how Affleck's character was so defined by his work and without it he really had to redefine himself. But overall the film was a bit long and just too depressing. The best acting may have come from a lesser-known artist named Rosemary DeWitt. She is beautiful and talented and I look forward to seeing her in more films.


The incomparable Tommy Lee Jones.


Ron Livingston and Rosemary DeWitt


Does anyone know this actress' name? She was uncredited in the film but I know I've seen her in something before.


Chris Cooper shook my hand but didn't stop for a photo so I had to snap one of him later.


Michael Moore was sitting not far behind us.


John Wells, experienced writer and producer, had his directorial debut in film with The Company Men. He is the one at the mic shown here at the Q&A session after the film.


Lacey and I with Tom Arnold.


With Ben Affleck.