Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sundancing

I don't mind saying that I know how to Sundance. It's a simple fact. I do it and I do it well:)
Friday morning I checked out the same-day ticket releases at the Sundance Main Box Office. For the first two dozen people in line they are fantastic. I wasn't early enough to be one of those so I didn't bother waiting in line. I sold the tickets I had to a Friday morning show and a Monday evening show. I still have tickets to a premier on Tuesday night that I just realized I can't go to, so leave a comment or email me if you're interested in seeing It's a Wonderful Afterlife at 6:15 on the 26th.
Lacey and I got to Eccles Theater around 5:15pm on Friday. We saw John Carroll Lynch leaving the premier of Hesher.

We wandered about looking for tickets to Please Give and snagged some fairly quickly but not before getting blanketed in thick snow. Watched America Ferrera taking press shots before heading in to screen the film with us (She is incredibly short (!) and beautiful).
Stars Catherine Keener, Oliver Platt, and Amanda Peet were in attendance along with the rest of the cast and writer/director Nicole Holofcener . It was a well-written, well-acted film. It had a good plot but more than anything it featured the complexities of the human heart, mind, and soul.
Holofcener and the cast took questions from the audience after the film, which was really fun.

Dumbest audience question: "Oliver, your character seemed to be in a good marriage, why did he cheat?"

Got these shots with cast members after the film:

Thomas Ian Nicholas


Rebecca Hall

(More Sundance reports to come)